CoEd Varsity Swim & Dive
• Swim Tryouts Nov. 11-14. 3:30 – 4:30 Spring Hill RECenter. There will be a bus from school which will be parked outside of the Student Services Wing. There will not be a bus back to McLean. Roster announcement will either be Friday, November 15 or Monday, November 18.
• Dive Tryouts Nov. 11 and Nov. 18. 4:30 – 5:45 @ Spring Hill RECenter. The roster will be selected following tryouts on the 18th. Further questions should be directed to Coach Corinne.
• Practices for swim are 3:30 – 4:30 M-Th. Dive practices are 4:30 – 5:45, M, T, Th. Please read the team policies document found in the files section of this website.
• Required paper work is due by Nov. 7. Physical and Concussion is due to the Student Activities office. The rest of the paperwork can be turned in to B188.
• If this is your first time trying out for Swim, Dive or Manager (and you did not already do this), please use your @fcpsschools.net account to complete the form in the links section of this website.
Our pre-season meeting will be occurring in early October. Please be on the look out for an update or an email. Reminder that all athletes must have a VHSL sports physical dated no earlier than May 1, 2019 and completed athlete and parent concussion education prior to the first day of tryouts.
For those of you who will trying out for the first time in the 2019-2020 season, here is some initial information to help you plan:
- Tryouts start November 11, 2019.
- Tryouts and Practices are held at Spring Hill RECenter. Swim is 3:30-4:30 on Monday-Thursday. Dive is 4:30-5:45 on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. There will be a bus to practice, but athletes are responsible for their own transportation home.
- Meets will occur on Friday evenings in December and January, with one Saturday evening in December or January. If named to the post-season team (district, regionals or states), the season will continue until mid-February.
- We will be holding an informational meeting(s) in October.
- All athletes must complete a physical prior to getting in the pool for tryouts. Please see the McLean Activities website for more details.
If you have any further questions, please contact Head Coach Kyle Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First time athletes, please complete the form found under the links portion of this website. You will need to sign into FCPS Google Apps for Education.