CoEd Varsity Swim & Dive
Swim suit order forms are due tomorrow at the end of practice. Sizing sample kit in Coach Tony's room.
Spirit Wear order is due by close of business on Friday. Access the online shop through the link section of this website.
In order to attend tryouts, athletes must submit the required paperwork (see page 6 of the MSD General Information and Policies packet). These forms must be submitted by Thursday, November 1. No Exceptions!
Swim Tryouts Monday, November 5 through Thursday, November 8. 3:30-4:30 @ Spring Hill RECenter. There will not be a bus on Monday or Tuesday.
Dive Tryouts Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, November 5, 6 & 8. 4:30-5:45 @ Spring Hill RECenter. There will not be a bus on Monday or Tuesday.
Team will be announced after school on Friday, November 9th. Exact time and location TBD.
Swimmers have to attend at least 1 of the days in order to be considered for the roster.
Weight room conditioning beginning October 9.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays in October from 6:30-7:30AM. Open to swim and dive.
- You must complete all required paperwork in order to participate. See MSD Policies Handout. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Attendance is not required to participate in tryouts.
- Attendance does not lead to a obtaining a roster spot.
The interest meeting for swim and dive will be on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 in the Cafeteria. The meeting will start at 3:15 and last until approximately 3:45. If this is your first time trying out for the team, you may be required to stay a few minutes longer.
For those of you who will trying out for the first time in the 2018-2019 season, here is some initial information to help you plan:
- Tryouts start November 5, 2018.
- Tryouts and Practices are held at Spring Hill RECenter. Swim is 3:30-4:30 on Monday-Thursday. Dive is 4:30-5:45 on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. There will be a bus to practice, but athletes are responsible for their own transportation home.
- Meets will occur on Friday evenings in December and January, with one Saturday evening in December. If named to the post-season team (district, regionals or states), the season will continue until mid-February.
- We will be holding an informational meeting(s) in October.
- All athletes must complete a physical prior to getting in the pool for tryouts. Please see the McLean Activities website for more details.
If you have any further questions, please contact Head Coach Kyle Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First time athletes, please complete the form found under the links portion of this website. You will need to sign into FCPS Google Apps for Education.